[Hearthstone] Control Warrior Finished... sort of

I opted to go with Warrior and craft Grommosh Hellscream. Part of the reason behind this was the Magni Bronzebeard skin you can buy in the in game store to replace Garrosh as the Warrior hero. I've been a big fan of the Bronzebeard brothers since my first travels with Muradin all those years ago in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and my love for all things dwarf is well documented.

I gave serious thought to Mid-Range Paladin which is, to not put too fine a point on it, currently the #1 best deck in Hearthstone. The problem being that even if I had crafted Tirion instead of Grommash, I still would have needed to craft Coghammer, and 2 Quartermasters along with a second Aldor Peacekeeper and Divine Favor. I didn't have anywhere near that amount of dust.

I built a deck based up the Zaguios Control Patron Warrior variant (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3rhxl2/guide_top_10_legend_with_new_control_patron/). I always liked the dwarf theme of Patron Warrior and I was excited to see a variant that married the best of Patron Warrior and Control Warrior. I also like that it was a good deck against decks like Secret Paladin, Aggro Druid, Midrange Paladin, and Tempo Mage which I tend to see quite a bit (though seeing more aggressive Paladins early on this season). It's also not a deck many people play and that has an appeal to me as well. I start out looking like a Control Warrior only to drop unexpected Patrons, or I start looking like a Patron Warrior but then surprise them with big threats like Ysera.

I switched out Justicar Trueheart for a second Shieldmaiden because I didn't have the dust to make Justicar and Grom and well Grom is more important to the deck. Shieldmaiden equals 2.5 activations with Justicar but does it immediately and gives me a bigger body, albeit for a higher mana cost. I also cut one Acolyte in favor of a Owl. I've been running into a ton of Paladins lately and I like having a second answer for Tirion rather than praying I can steal him with Sylvanas. There always seems to be at least a couple of other minions on the board when he summons Tirion and he's sure to drop some down as soon as I bring out Syl.

I'm going to start saving dust again for Justicar as my next craft target. I'm also considering adding a couple of Unstable Ghouls to my deck, but I'm not sure what I'd cut. After a brief appearance of slower decks with Reno Jackson, I seem to be hitting more aggressive decks. The Ghoul's taunt plus area affect can really help. It can single handily deal with Huffer, and if I have Patrons on the board , its more "Everyone, get in here!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation