[Hearthstone] Defeating Razorgore the Untamed (Normal)

We open up Blackwing Lair with Razorgore the Untamed. The Razorgore fight is all those eggs ('bout them eggs, no trouble). He summons 1 egg per turn. Its a zero attack minion with 1 life. Each turn it grows by 1 life. If it reaches 4 life, it hatches.You don't want those eggs to hatch because if they do, it spawns a 7/3 minion.  The trick is knowing when to attack the eggs and when to attack other minions and Razorgore himself.

I didn't realize it at the time, but Razorgore incorporates a mechanic that I saw over and over again as I progressed through the Blackrock Mountain adventure where the enemy has something akin toa  Zoo deck and overwhelms you with minions.

I wanted to get some board control so I would always have options for knocking down the eggs before they hatched. I decidd to go with a Hunter deck for this boss. I included Oasis Snapjaw  mostly to provide nice targets for the Houndmasters. A 2/7 isn't much to get excited about by a 4/9 with Taunt can be a nice minion to have on the board.

Mage would also have been a solid choice. You could use Jania's her hero power to knock down the eggs as they spawn.

Arcane Shot x 2
Timber Wolf x 2
Webspinner x 2
Explosive Trap
Bloodfen Raptor
Dire Wolf
Scavenging Hyena
Animal Companion
Deadly Shot
Kill Command x 2
Unleash the Hounds x 2
Emporer Cobra
Multishot x 2
Houndmaster x 2
Lost Tallstrider
Oasis Snapjaw x 2
Explosive Shot
Tundra Rhino x 2
Maexxna
Savannah Highmane
Core Hound

It was a little closer than it should have been as I struggled at first to gain board control but once I had it, it was pretty much over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation