Calling in from a Galaxy Far, Far Away

I never like it when bloggers apologize or try to explain gaps in their blogging so I’m not going to go into that, but I will tell what I’ve been up to.

I started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic the first day of Early Access. I was all in on this game from the get go and I pre-ordered 4 hours after it went on sale. I rolled my Jedi Knight, Atceth, on the Grand Master Zym (PVE East) server. Atceth is currently Level 45 on Belsavis.

The game has been everything I had hoped it would be. The moment I truly fell in love with this game was around Level 25 or so on Tattooine. I told a friend of mine:  I’m fighting the Sand People, on Tattooine, with a lightsaber, to John Williams music.

Yeah, I was hooked.

  Screenshot_2012-02-18_22_09_09_750000

The Jedi Knight story has been excellent, with each chapter ending being incredibly epic. The companions are fantastic and are up to the level of companions in previous BioWare games. I normally run around with Kira. She’s my favorite companion, my romance interest, and puts out mad DPS.

Which is good because I made Atceth a Guardian which is a Tank/DPS class, and made him a tank. The Guardian Tank is in many ways similar to a WoW Warrior, only with a lightsaber. I leap into combat and either the mobs dying or I am. Tanks and Healers level a bit easier in SWTOR since you always have your companion. You get to tank or heal even in ‘solo’ quests.

Of course, there’s group stuff, too, and I’ve tanked every flashpoint (instance or dungeon) so far.

Speaking of tanking (check out that segue), my blogging efforts have been channeled into a weekly column for a site called TorWARs. I write a column there called Think Tank which, shockingly, is about tanking in SWTOR. When my new column goes up, I’ll make a post here. Here’s my latest Think Tank, One Tank or Two where I talk about the number of tanks required in end game Operations (raids) in SWTOR.

And if you’d like to join me in my adventures in a galaxy far, far away, BioWare is making SWTOR free to play this weekend. Here’s the announcement from the official site:
Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With theStar Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!
The Weekend Pass Free Trial opens Thursday, March 15th, 12:01AM CT / 5:01AM GMT and ends on Monday, March 19th at 2:00AM CT / 7:00AM GMT. To learn more, visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/weekendpass and come back on March 15th to create your account, download the game, and begin your free trial! Have questions? Visit the Weekend Pass FAQ.
You have any questions about SWTOR? What would you like to know?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to see you making post back here. TorWars is ok, but here seems more like you.

Teurion
Unknown said…
Ah, the power of an editor. I have one on TorWars, not so much here.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation