Sixth Screenshot Meme

No one has commented yet, but I made a very subtle change to the background image for the blog. I hope you liked it.

So I got tagged, but not tagged by Josh at Eye For an Eye on the Sixth Screenshot meme. I love screenshots. To me, WoW is like a vacation. It's a fun place to be for a short period of time. Screenshots are like the pictures that you can look back on with fond memories of the time that was.

So here's the 6th screenshot in my screenshots folder taken in early March of 2006:

This screenshot comes from a batch of screenshots I was taking of all the toon I had at that time. I think I was going to put them on my Geocities site, but I don't even remember.

I had 4 toons. A Level 2 Dwarf Warrior and a Level 8 Night Elf Druid who were on the server Dark Iron. A Level 13 Human Paladin and Level 6 Dwarf Hunter were on Rexxar. The Paladin on Rexxar was a Human Paladin named Ittai, who was the very first toon I ever rolled in World of Warcraft. If you are observant, you may notice a name that is glaringly lacking from the list of toons I had at that time.

I'd also like to include my seventh screenshot because it is really key to what would happen next in my WoW life. This was Ittai getting his Tome of Divinity quest. This is the class quest that teaches Paladins their resurrection spell. But more important than the quest itself was the quest text. Yes, I'm one of those players that reads every line of every quest I've ever gotten. It's the main way Blizzard tells the story.

I don't know how well you can read it from the screenshot but there's a sentence there that says : "Compassion, patience, bravery -- these things mean as much to a Paladin as strength in battle. Know this well and never forget it."

I was hooked. I KNEW in my innermost being I wanted to be a Paladin. The next toon I would roll on Dark Iron was a Level 1 Dwarf Paladin, and the rest as they say is history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation