Leaving Heroes

Tomorrow, I'm publishing my UI/Addons post. Then Monday, I'll be publishing my Helpful Macros post.

I almost feel like a real blogger.

Now onto today's post.

It was 1 year ago today when I left my first guild, Heroes Inc. I had applied to a guild called Bloodsky when they had put a post out saying they were specifically looking for a Protection Paladin.

At that point and time, it was very rare for Raiding guilds to use Protection Paladins in any capacity. I was so shocked when I saw their recruitment post on the AoS forums that I applied, fully expecting to be rejected. Bloodsky was a 25 man raid guild working on SSC and Heroes was still working on Karazhan. In our best attempts, we had gotten Prince Malchezaar into the single digits. Remember, this was a year ago, before the 2.3 or 2.4 badge gear. I'm not even sure that Season 2 was out yet.

When I was accepted, I had to make a choice. I have a place I go to when I need to think, and for me that's Uther's Tomb in the Western Plaguelands.

Ultimately, I decided to leave Heroes Inc.

The guys survived and Wichita took over Heroes Raiding, which I had been leading. They would eventually move into 25 mans, downing High King Maulgar, Gruul, Magtheridon, and Lurker.

Heroes eventually called it quits on 25 man raiding. They did quite well with 10 man raiding with full clears of both Karazhan and Zul'aman.

I think Heroes would have really benefited from the 10man/25 man raid split Blizzard is introducing in Wrath of the Lich King, and I have every confidence they would have progressed as far as they wanted to in the 10 man tract.

It actually didn't work out for me in Bloodsky. I could make their start times, however, they did invites a good half hour earlier, which was usually before I could log into the game.

I'm still friends with most of the guys in Heroes, and I still keep tabs on them. One of the Heroes guys is my 2s partner, and I might be joining a 5s team with them, which would be cool. I am very happy to have been able to rebuild and maintain a close connection with those guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation