Fireproof

Title inspired by the new Fireproof movie.


So this is the promised post on how I put together my Fire Resist gear for Illidan.


In this gear I have 13947 unbuffed hit points, and 4728 unbuffed mana. I have 295 Fire Resist unbuffed which means that with Fire Resist aura up, I sit at exactly 365 Fire Resist, which is the Resist cap.


I have 449 Defense which is well below the 490 uncrittable mark, but I make up for it with 86 Resilience. Combined the 449 defense and 86 Resilience give me a 6.14% Crit chance reduction. This is 0.54% above the needed 5.6%, which means I am uncrittable. It also presents and opportunity to lower the Crit reduction to closer to 5.6 and pickup either some additional stamina or spell damage.

Head: Tankatronic Goggle with Honor Hold/Thrallmar Fire Resist Enchant. BoP Engineering crafted item.

Neck: Amulet of Torn Heart. This is a quest reward from a long chain out in Shadowmoon Valley.

Shoulders: Lightbrinder Shoulderguards with the Exalted Aldor enchant. These are straight out of my main tanking set and provide an excellent mix of threat, avoidance and stamina.

Back: Wyrmcultist Cloak with Defense Rating enchant. This has to be bought from a vendor who you can only access when you have a special disguise you get from a quest. You can get the disguise again, but you have to have done the quest chain, which starts from a random drop from killing Wyrmcultists in Blade's Edge Mountains.

Chest: Inferno Tempered Chestguard with Defense rating enchant. Badges.

Wrist: Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx with Stamina Enchant. Badges.

Hands: Inferno Tempered Handguards. I have a +8 Fire Resist kit on it right now, but I'd love some way to rework things to get 2% threat. Badges.

Waist: Belt of the Guardian. Good stamina piece but also provides some nice spell damage. BoE Blacksmithing crafted.

Legs: Inferno Tempered Legguards. I put a 40 stamina leg enchant on it trying to increase my stamina in my set. Badges.

Feet: Inferno Tempered Boots with Boar's Speed. Badges.

Ring1: Signet of Eternal Life. This is from the 3rd timed chest in ZA.

Ring2: Sodalite Band of Fire Resistance. This should really be the Pheonix Fire Band, but I never did the original Tempest Keep attunement quests (Champion of the Naaru) so I don't have it. I found the Sodalite ring on the Auction House and picked it up.

Trinket1: Scarab of Displacement. Hydross the Unstable. I'd love to replacethis with my Crimson Serpent for spell damage and stamina, but I need it to be uncrittable.

Trinket2: Commendation of Kael'thalas. 3rd boss in Heroic Magister's Terrace.

Weapon: Merciless Gladiator's Gavel. PVP.

Shield: Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall. PVP.

Libram: Libram of Eternal Rest. Sethkekk Halls drop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation