OMG! Figureprint!

I don't know if you've ever seen Figureprints. Basically, they can make a small statue or figure of your character in that looks just like your in game character right down to the equipment you are wearing.


The real draw and appeal to me about a Figureprint is that years from now, when WoW is only a pleasant memory and we are playing WoW 2 or whatever, I'll have my Figureprint. It's sort of like WoW is a vacation. I've heard people complain about the time we put into tBC being wasted once Wrath comes out, or all the money we spend on WoW being wasted when Blizzard moves onto the next MMO.


I don't see it that way. The fun, the entertainment was in the moment. We paid for hours and hours and entertainment


When I took my family on vacation to Disney, I spent more on that week than I have on my entire WoW career, and do I have anything to 'show for it'? I have pictures (screenshots), and I have mementos / souvenirs. That's what this Figureprint would be. Most of all, I have the memories.


Figureprints has many more orders than they can process, so they put you into a lottery, and each month there is a drawing. If you've put you name in, you get an email stating whether or not your name was drawn.


I started entering in March.


Usually what I got from them the day of the drawing was this:


Thank you for entering the May 23, 2008 FigurePrints drawing


Unfortunately your account was not selected to order a FigurePrint at this time. We are ramping up our production capacity as quickly as possible and will be taking more orders every month. Your account has automatically been entered into the next drawing. If you do not wish to be entered into this or future drawings...


Every month for the last 3 months, the same boilerplate message.


But today, I received this email:


Congratulations!
You have been selected to create your very own FigurePrint!


Your account has been enabled to allow you to place an order any time before midnight Jul. 07, 2008 PST. To be clear, being selected only grants you the opportunity to purchase a FigurePrint and this email is not meant as a free or discounted product.


/dance


/cheer


Here is a picture of a Figureprint of another Tankadin.

So the question is how to dress up my little Tankadin.

Gruul's Shield and Hammer of Judgement are a must. Tankatronics for the head. I have full Tier 4, and the Gloves and Shoulders from Tier 5 and Gloves from Tier 6.


So I could dress Honors in Full Tier 4 for his Figureprint, or I could use T5 Gloves and Shoulder with the Tanktronics and the Belt of the Guardian.


I think I'll wear Pepe's instead of Slikk's for the back.


The big problems are my Boots and my Chest. I have Sabatons of the Righteous Defender and Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian. Both are fantastic pieces and I use them in just about every set, but I don't like how they look. I have a T4 Chest and a Panzar'thar in the bank. I guess I'm just going to have to play around with my inventory to find a good set of equipment that looks like Honors. I could try to get my Tier 5 Legs and Chest before I have to put in the order, but I would want to make sure the Chest is very much in line with the Stoic Guardian. I don't want to grab a chest over one of our Holy Paladins just to wear in a Figureprint.


You receive loot [Figureprint : Honorshammer]

Comments

Shwitz44 said…
Full tier 4 minus the helm, Kara plate healing belt and boots, Hammer of Judgement, Aldor Legacy Defender. Mixing sets is ugly.
Anonymous said…
Well, as you're not a BS, you can't pull off the full tier 5 look, so I'd say going the tier 4 route. :)
Though Goggles are win. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation