Rest In Peace and Thank You

I was saddened to hear about the recent passing of Gary Gygax.

For those of you who may not know the name, he was the co-creator of the Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Game.

I spent many an evening playing D&D through my early teens and into my late 20s. D&D's popularity spawned several other RPGs in both tabletop and computer games. Who could forget Traveller, or Paladium, or RIFTS, or Omega Code.

I remember playing Pools of Radiance for hours and hours on my 486DX in college, or the Baldur's Gate series just a couple of years ago. In fact, you could even say that WoW is a further extension of that line. I was already a Star Wars fan when I was introduced to D&D, and I was hooked almost immediately. My journey to the Geekside was complete.

Thank you for your creation, Mr. Gygax. Rest in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation