Humbling Night

Last night was Arena night for me and my 5v5 team, PVPed in My Pants. Our illustrious team members include:

Me (Prot Paladin)
Lakini (Boomkin Druid)
Ferth (Fury Warrior)
Baconstrip (Resto Druid)
Lou (Assassination Rogue)

You know the old saying, "You win some, you lose some." Well last night it was "You lose some, you lose some more." By the end of the night we were all pretty frustrated.

The main culprit of the night seemed to be Paladins. Don't you just hate those guys? ;-)

Specifically one spell Paladins can cast, Blessing of Protection.

Blessing of Protection Rank 3
6% of base Mana 30 yd range
Instant cast
5/4/3 min cooldown (depending on talents)
A targeted party member is protected from all physical attacks for 10 sec, but during that time they cannot melee attack or use physical abilities. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time. Once protected, the target cannot be made invulnerable by Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Blessing of Protection again for 60 sec.

See that part there about being protected from all physical attacks? (of course you did, I bolded it). That shuts down about 2/3rds of our damage and allows a near dead opponent to be healed up to full. This is incredibly frustrating.

Well gee, Honors, you guys have a Paladin, why don't you use this incredible spell for your team? Well, I do. I usually use it on Lakini (Boomkin) or Bacon (Resto), but it doesn't seem to help as much. Most of the teams we face have some nice magical damage, and BoP does exactly squat against it.

What teams seem to like to do to me is have all 5 guys wailing on me (or at least that what it feels like) at the outset. The can only see me and Ferth (Fury Warrior). That forces me to use my bubble, or perhaps even kill me if I'm not quick on buttons or they get me in a counterspell school lockout scenario. (Yes, if you lock our Holy School, we can't bubble while locked.)

Some teams had a Priest, and it seemed their express purpose was to dispell my Divine Shield.
I guess we were frustrated as well because we are all starting to get some decent Arena gear, and we'd figured that would make it easier to win. But it didn't, I guess skill and spec play a role as well.

And now comes news that our Moonkin is giving serious contemplation to going Resto. I'm not sure what that would mean for the team.

On another PVP note, I'm actually starting to do BGs solo again, and I haven't done that since I was going after my Unstoppable Force, back when you needed Exalted with Stormpike and a pile of gold to get it. I'm also working on badges to buy my Battlestrider. I've always wanted one, and I'm just a couple of Warsong tokens away from getting it, not that I have any bag space for it, lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation